Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Knitty's surprises are up! I think this might be the front runner for my new scarf:

Elbac

It even calls for the yarn I chose from my stash, which, incidentally, is natural colored wool/alpaca and so falls into the first Project Spectrum range. (As does the yarn I have for the Anemoi Mittens and forgot to list in my PS2.0 plans post.) I was close to casting on Backyard Leaves last night, but J was monopolizing the laptop and I couldn't remember how to purl through the back loop to do a ssp, so I worked on the Tara sweater instead. I think I'm ready now to start the armhole shaping, although I have a sneaking suspicion that I might have knit a few rows too many. I've had to rip and tink this thing so many times already it's unbelievable. I added waist shaping to mine, so I just need to check that the shaping is landing in the right spot before I continue.

No ATC's happened last night. Perhaps tonight. I need to get them done for the February SAS meeting, assuming I go to that and not the Coptic binding class that weekend. The class requires finding a Saturday afternoon babysitter, which would be the first babysitting attempt for the little one, so I don't know.

No comments: