Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So, I didn't get this updated over the weekend like I had hoped, but here are a couple of recent baby FO's. I shouldn't say baby. She's definitely a todder, with the attitude to match!



Here she is, still all chubby-looking! She is changing so quickly right now that her face is already a slightly different shape than this, it's incredible. This is the cover sweater from Special Knits by Debbie Bliss. I used TLC CaraMia, which I think might be discontinued. I normally like my fibers as natural as possible, but this one is so soft with no icky synthetic feeling, has a great angora haze, and is machine washable. The girlie loves it. This is her playing outside sweater - she protests if we try to put anything else on her to go out and play in the yard. The sweater has no buttonhole or fastener of any kind. There isn't an option for that in the pattern, and I didn't feel like winging a buttonhole. We never zip her hoodies anyway, so it's fine just hanging open like this.











Next is the bunny, from the same book. The girlie is totally obsessed with this book, by the way. It resides on her shelf, not my knitting shelf, and it is one of the first books she grabs every morning. She flips through the pages, points to all the babies and tells us all about them in babble language, mimics what they are doing with their hands in each photo, and gets SO excited each time she sees the bunny. So of course, I had to make the bunny! This is the best shot of it I have right now. When she plays with it, she is constantly in motion, so we have about 10 pictures of a pink blur. This took exactly one skein of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted. There isn't even enough left to make a pompom for a tail. Bunny is currently still tailless, but I kind of like him that way. Yes, he's a HE, even though he is pink. I don't know why. The pattern gauge is tighter than I could get with the Lamb's Pride, so this guy is about 14 inches tall, not including ears, rather than 11 inches as the pattern specifies. I had quite a time with the finishing. I hate seaming and grafting. I'd like to make more toys, but I'll definitely be looking for patterns that are done in the round in fewer pieces than the nine (!) this one took. I'm thinking Nautie may be next, or else the elephant from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I have a lot of single balls and odds and ends of Cascade 220 and Elann Highland Wool. I could make some funky-colored sea creatures.

On my needles right now though are the second Wyvern and a chevron scarf, which I'll try to get a good picture of tonight. The colors are gorgeous. I love teal!

2 comments:

The Twisted Knitster said...

Awww! Mina's so cute!

Jodi said...

That is one cute sweater on one darling little girl! I knit that sweater with slightly variegated light green Malabrigo yarn, and it's one of my favorite projects ever. I was so sad to be done with it b/c there wasn't any more green Malabrigo to knit! Plus what a great, easy pattern.

I'm with you on the KA needles -- they're great. I do need to take a bit of sandpaper to my set of size 3 dpns, though; they don't seem quite pointy enough.