Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Vegan Pal 2 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?
Knitting is my primary craft. I've been knitting about 2.5 years. I also know basic crochet and I'm slowly learning embroidery and want to do a lot more with it. I have a drop spindle that I hate but I really want a spinning wheel (I used to spin as a child but haven't in about 20 years). I'm making my first quilt in more than 20 years. I also do art journals, ATC's and small collages, play with watercolor and acrylic paints, a little bit of beaded jewelry, bookmaking, stamp carving, some sewing, and whatever else strikes my fancy.

2. Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
I've been fully vegetarian for 14 years, but stopped eating most meat 20 years ago at age 12. (I was as close to vegetarian as my mom would let me get away with before moving out.) I'm not vegan - I love cheese!

3. Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
I have done two swaps prior to this one. I think the most fun part is figuring out what my partner would like and putting the package together. Good communication between pals, secret or not, is really important.

4. What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
Teal, aqua, seafoam, plum, "vintagey" lavender and rose, pale beige-y pinks, magenta, gray, ivory, taupe, black...those are probably my favorites. I'm not very fond of yellow and orange.

5. Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
Um, just grass and locust tree pollen. I don't think you really need to worry about that. ;)

6. Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?*
I have one 11-year-old fat kitty named Tasha.

7. Do you collect anything?
Besides yarn? Prismacolor pencils, blank journals, pretty rocks, small Japanese teacups and dishes, though I don't really have a true "collection" of anything.

8. Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
This is always such a hard question. I'm going to combine it with the one below.

9. What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
I am a chocoholic (dark "fancy" stuff only though). At home I tend to cook my own versions of Italian, Mediterranean, and Asian foods. I like to make meals up as I go along using whatever is on hand (whole/fresh ingredients, no pre-packaged things). The girlie and I make lots of pancakes. When I go out to eat it's usually for breakfast, or else Thai food or wood-fired pizza, oooh or the yam ale-chiladas at the brewery, yum. I love fresh Italian or French bread. I like almost every fruit and vegetable. I can't think of any food that I truly dislike (other than the obvious meat).

10. What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
Well, I always want yarn of course. (Doesn't everyone?) I can't think of anything in particular that I need, but I don't think I could ever have too much of anything art and craft related either, so I don't have an anti-wish list. Heh, I guess that isn't very helpful.

11. Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle?
everydayautumn on Ravelry

12. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
I have an almost-two-year-old girlie. I love coffee. I walk a lot. Um...

13. What scents do you like/dislike?
I like warm, spicy, citrusy scents. Nothing too floral, sweet or overpowering or too artificial. My current favorite thing is the Sensual Amber body cream from Bath and Body Works.

14. Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
Any fall/autumn theme is fine, other than cutesy Halloween stuff. I'm not really into that.

15. Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
I love autumn! (Check the blog name!) I don't have a specific memory, but I love the feeling of possibility I have every fall. In the autumn I feel more inspired to make things, study things, cook and bake, make tea, light candles, create a warm and beautiful home, read, write, and experience the world. That's where the blog name comes from - I want to capture that autumn feeling every day.

2 comments:

ellie said...

I love that your blog theme matches our swap theme! Thanks for joining.

Anonymous said...

Have no fear! Your swap partner is here! I was so busy printing off your preferences that I forgot to let you know that I'm here! I'm getting excited now!