Thursday, November 08, 2007

hibernation

I've been quiet online these days, and sort of just quiet in general. After a couple of busy weeks, I needed some curling up on the couch time. I've not been completely inactive, though I have no photos to show you. Do you know how dismal it is here in November? There is no light.

Anyway. A little list.

Reading
Thirteen Ways of Looking at the Novel by Jane Smiley

Listening -
Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie

Baking - Gingerbread Muffins (use blackstrap molasses, reduce the cloves by a lot, and add a teaspoon each of cinnamon and allspice)

Watching - Firefly

Enjoying - the autumn colors here in my pretty little city, Mina's new words each day

Window shopping - so many amazing things on Etsy - ceramics, letterpress calendars, jewelry, prints, Japanese craft books, fabric, linen trim. Maybe I'll do an I Love Handmade post soon.

Crocheting - tea scarf by pixeldiva. Yes, I crocheted something! It's done, it's insanely long, and the neighbor's feisty cat used it as an easy way to snare me, pulling me down into the grass - we were entangled in a mess of yarn and claws and fingers for quite some time.

Knitting - so many things. Two sweaters with two problems that require reknitting. Not difficult, just boring (I've done it once already...). Several scarves. Wanting to pick up the lace shawls again. Dying to cast on Juno Regina (I have the yarn. I may not last beyond tonight.) Realizing my queue (both on Ravelry and in my head) is now around 150 items, and they are all things that I truly want to knit. Now.

Planning - Christmas gifts. No gift knitting this year, though I have to figure out how to make a penguin quilt for Mina. She found the fabric herself at the fabric store, pulled the bolt off the shelf, and hugged it. Girlie loves penguins.

Thinking about - grad school again. Missing being a student, regretting many things.

Writing - nothing, unfortunately.

No comments: