Thursday, May 01, 2008

four months, five days, eight hours, and twenty-four minutes

A highly specific period of time that meant something to one other person in this world besides myself. The precise time lapse from the moment of her birth until the moment of mine. And now she is gone.


R.I.P. JDH 4.11.1975-4.30(?).2008

It's been a tough couple of weeks, and yesterday, things got tougher. But the only thing I can do is keep moving along, doing the things I must as well as the things I love because...well, what else is there?

There has been much swatching, ripping, reading, false starting and more ripping. A lot of yarn looks like this:



I've suddenly become obsessed with dress-like knitted garments of all sorts. The yarn for this project was in my stash, so it will be the first (though with the amount I have I'll be lucky to get to tunic length):



This wee bit of progress is from the last couple of hours, knitting a few stitches here and there. My attention span is short. Mina has gone to bed early the last two nights, J has been at work as usual, and the house has been very quiet. That's the way I prefer it though. A normal evening, after the girlie has gone to sleep, means slowly sipping wine in my pajamas and knitting while reading, watching, or listening to something, a book, a movie, an audiobook or podcast. So here I am, just as usual, though things don't exactly feel usual. But, as my grandmother always reminds us, "this too shall pass."

5 comments:

marycatharine said...

I am so very sorry.

Josie said...

Oh, I'm sorry for your loss.

Sam said...

My thoughts are with you.

Viktoria said...

I'm so so sorry. My thoughts are also with you

Priscilla said...

I am so sorry. I know what it's like to lose someone that close to you.