Thursday, May 29, 2008

this is what happens...

...when you knit a cowl for your self-portrait-crazy husband and then tell him to take his own FO shot while you are at work. I actually made this for Jamie back in April as a quick one night knit, and I've been putting off blogging it or adding to Ravelry thinking I was going to take another picture. But it's been a month now and that photo is never going to get taken. So here we go.



This is just a basic stockinette tube with a couple rows of garter at each edge. I used Schaefer Lola held doubled and still have about a quarter to a third of the skein left over, possibly enough for toddler mittens. I don't remember how many stitches I cast on. Actually, I don't even remember what needles I used. I usually remember that, at least. This was just such a fast knit that it's kind of a blur. It's quite nice to wear, though, and made me a cowl convert. I started another one last night of my own design with a lace stitch pattern that I modified. I'll share the details in a few days when it's all finished.

1 comment:

marycatharine said...

That's a fantastic self portrait.