Tuesday, June 17, 2008

choices

At least I can never, ever say that I am bored.



Apparently my inspiration basket did its job. Two more projects somehow added themselves to my current interest pile, bringing that total up to five. Maybe I can blame the cold weather we still have. Thigh high, bulky alpaca legwarmers and opera length lace gloves both seemed like really good ideas last week when I started them. Now I'm having trouble choosing what to work on. In addition to those projects, that is also Snow White's first sleeve and the cotton lace cami in the photo there. My lace ribbon scarf was hiding in my bag and didn't make it to the photo shoot. It would have fit in with the pale palette well, though.

I've been fitting in bits of knitting here and there between everything else going on lately. The weekend spent in Seattle for my sister's graduation, the summer phase of my job, shake ups at my husband's place of employment, house guests, allergies, and the usual business of life. I've been tired and evidently a bit out of it. It took me until noon today before I realized that while I had managed to leave the house with a ring on each of the usual fingers, neither of them were my wedding ring. Little things like that keep happening. Hopefully I can keep some kind of focus long enough to actually finish some projects before starting any more new ones.

5 comments:

marycatharine said...

Love seeing knitting piled up like that, all warm and full of possibilities. Sometimes progress shots are way better than the finished thing...

mel said...

Hang in there - hopefully things will start to "clear" soon. And I like your WIP pile, they can be overwhelming sometimes, but there are some very cool possibilities there!

Lolly said...

glad to see your inspiration pile idea worked. your projects look beautiful! hoping that things settle a bit for you :)

little red hen said...

I've had to adopt a new mantra "one job at a time" (maybe two...or perhaps three.)I found my class report records lying beside the photocopier in the office as I have been running about doing too much at once!
It's hard to narrow the choices down isn't it.

Monique said...

SUCH a lovely array of projects - they each really seem to suit their yarns well.