Wednesday, July 30, 2008

sweaters!

Still no photos of the finished sweaters to show you. Actually, Snow White hasn't even been blocked yet. I blame the weather. If it was cool enough to wear it, you bet it would have been blocked and on me as quickly as possible. It still doesn't feel like summer here, but 65 degrees is still too warm for this one. As for the camisole, I have no excuse other than lack of inspiration to do a photo shoot. I haven't been idle, however.


This is the pile of the currently most-active projects. The purple is Mina's sweater, the sock-looking thing is not a sock but a long, lacy fingerless glove, and the teal is one of my recent sweater obsessions, the Cowl Pullover from Knitting Nature. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk that I've had forever. I actually need to frog a failed sweater attempt and rescue the rest of the yarn. I think it is a fairly good match for this pattern, although I am nervous about the steeking part, even if it will be machine sewn.

Speaking of sweaters, I'm in the throes of my pre-fall sweater obsession, which this year seems to have come hand-in-hand with a Norah Gaughan obsession. I picked up Norah Gaughan Vol. 3 at the LYS on Sunday, and can't decide which of two sweaters to make first. I also re-discovered an Erika Knight book I bought about a year ago, and have a serious love for these sweaters (drat, I can't find a photo of the second one. Oh, wait, it's on the cover of the UK edition). And let's not even speak of the new fall magazines coming out. No, I'm not thinking about Riding to Avalon or the New Pea Coat. Of course, there is yarn in my stash for several completely different sweaters and none of it will work for the shiny new patterns. Of course. Any suggestions for faster knitting and ways to ignore all other responsibilities in order to knit are appreciated.

2 comments:

marycatharine said...

I saw Violette-le-duc pop up on Ravelry when you linked it somewhere and thought immediately that it would look great on you. I love the purple of Mina's sweater, very rich.

Lolly said...

I am definitely thinking about sweaters too... so many wonderful patterns! I am a big fan of Connie's Avalon sweater, and I still have so many in the queue from previous years.