Friday, August 21, 2009

eight months

Eight months... how much can change in eight months? A lot. I didn't mean to take such a long break from this blog, but sometimes things happen that way. And honestly, I don't know that I am fully "back." But I did want to take a moment to say hello, out there.



Tasha Kitty is guarding a pile of finished sweaters and hats on the chaise there behind her. This photo is from a couple of months ago, and that pile of undocumented knits is even bigger now. I've been silently knitting my way through some pretty major life changes. I'm learning to be single and a single, custody-sharing mom, to live within my means, to manage my time as I work a regular job and write a thesis. I'm learning a lot about what is important and what I can let go. This has required blog silence and conservation of energy on my part, but I'm beginning to feel expansive again and so here I am. I'll be updating here and there via Twitter (@everydayautumn, naturally), which is more in sync with my availability and attention span these days. I may show up here with the occasional blog post and photo, but I'm not putting pressure on myself. And, I will try to catch up with my regular blog-reading and commenting. I've missed being part of it all.

So. Hello.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Those do sound like some huge life changes; warm thoughts to you as you navigate it all.

KGLO said...

Welcome back. We missed you :)

mel said...

It's nice to see you, though I'm sorry to read that Life has been in a state of upheaval. Wishing you well - and extra doses of patience and energy and kindness.